If you are aged 16-25, living with the disadvantages of having a criminal conviction, and want to help bring the voices of Scotland’s justice experienced young people to where they will be heard by decision makers…
…then we want you to get involved!
Information for Applicant
Positive Prison? Positive Futures are looking for people who are passionate about youth representation and the improvement of Scotland’s justice system to take part in this innovative new project by joining our Youth Steering Group.
The group will come together and work together to agree what a forum for amplifying the voices of young people should look like and being champions for its cause.
The group will be small, with no more than 12 members from the Glasgow area. It will kick-start an ongoing programme of work to explore and develop ways in which these voices can be heard and acted upon by leaders and decision-makers.
As a group member you will be involved in a national programme of work to make positive change and improve Scotland for young people. Membership will offer a number of opportunities for personal and professional development, including:
- Gaining valuable transferable skills
- Showcasing current knowledge and skills
- Meeting new people
- Building confidence and working relationships
- Enhanced political and civic understanding and participation
- Challenging yourself with a new experience
- Accept and work for the purpose of the Steering Group
- Attend and actively take-part in group meetings and activities as often as needed to achieve group goals.
- Act as champions for the views and interests of young people with justice experience across Scotland
Application Deadline: Friday 18th May 2018
(Printable version can be found here: Printable Version: SG Application Form ) Free postal address noted below.
If you have any questions or want to chat about the group and becoming a member then please get in touch:
- Telephone: 0141 353 4312
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: FREEPOST POSITIVE PRISON (just write on the envelope – no stamp required)